How to distinguish safe plastic

Poor quality plastic utensils often contain BPA, which can cause a number of dangerous diseases such as infertility, obesity, cancer …

Instead of just looking at shapes, colors, read the parameters on the product label, choose non-BPA substances to ensure your health.

Notice that at the bottom of the plastic bottles, the “Recyle” symbol with the numbers 1-7 denotes the classification of PETE, HDPE, V, PP … indicating which is less toxic, easy to recycle, one others do not.

This type of plastic is quite safe, but it should only be used once because the taste and bacteria easily stick to the porous surface of this item (coca bottles, mineral water …)

When choosing to buy baby bottles, water bottles … pay attention to choose the type with the symbol No. 2, the origin of HDPE in these bottles is less likely to accumulate bacteria, safe for children or carrying real Products.

Especially PVC (No. 3) contains phthalates (hindering the growth of hormones and fertility), unsafe when facing high temperatures, hot water … so you should limit the use of this plastic Contain food, milk, drinking water or microwave food thawing. PVC is a toxic plastic that cannot be used for making bags or containers.

In addition to scrutinizing plastic labels, you can rely on a number of other signs to choose safe items. Plastic, with a colorful color often covers colorants that can damage the digestive system.

Should choose clear plastic, glossy and high hardness. A little tip, you can look under the map in the sun, if you can still see through it, organic plastic is not good for health. You should stay away from plastic odors, when using this product the aromatic polymers will dissolve into water-based foods.

For plastics that use fillers there will be no gloss, the surface is easy to scratch, rough and has tiny particles when touching the surface.

Another sign of plastic toxicity, you can put it in a fire, if it is toxic it will be more flammable than the plastic you don’t have. When burning, toxic plastic smells strange, fuming.

The weight of poisonous plastic is often larger, dropping into the water easy to sink, and the non-toxic type is light and floats in water.

For the plastic used for a long time, there are scratches, fading, often accumulating bacteria causing intestinal disease, you should clean utensils clean or replace.

The habit of reusing disposable plastic items (cups, bowls) is completely harmful, when used at different temperatures, plastic will produce toxins.

To ensure safety, you should buy plastic products from reputable manufacturers and suppliers, while removing bad habits when using this item.